No, I don't live in a van down by the river. [Seriously, people still ask me this]
My approach is simple, entertaining & personal:
- I start by connecting with my audience on a human level by sharing aspects of my story that are relatable to my audience.
- I remain aware of the body language & response of my audience to ensure that we are answering the right questions.
- I provide data & experience based solutions to achieve maximum influence in the hearts of those both present & present.
I speak about...
VLNRABLE - Lifestyle & App
• We have all felt alone while walking through life as it is thrown our way...
• Let us be a resounding voice to tell you, "You're never alone!"
• Once we accept this we gain confidence to share our story, process deeper layers of our experiences, & expelling guilt, shame, regret, insecurity, fear, trauma, etc.
• This message is likely to make you laugh so hard you snort, snotty face cry, & inspire you to open your heart up again.
What we now know as VLNRABLE started as a personal lifestyle of writing in a journal & pushing myself to share the truth behind the truth about my life with people I could trust. My journal was my safe place while healing from the abuse of my parents who were addicts & alcoholics, paying for an abortion, overcoming my own alcoholism, heartbreak, the loss of both my parents, & working my own guilt & shame.
Save The Storks - Abortion Advocacy
• As a teenager I paid for an abortion for my then ex-girlfriend because we truly didn't feel as if we had another option.
• My conversation around abortion encourages being vulnerable regarding your experience as most of us, especially men, choose to not discuss this topic.
• Through my partnership with Save The Storks I have a unique opportunity to provide awareness, prevention & direct access to supporting an organization built on education & grace.
Here are a few facts regarding Abortion in America from 2014
• Americans in their 20's accounted for 61% of abortions.
• White patients accounted for 39% of abortions.
• From these demographics, the most common reason given for having an abortion
was the belief that having a baby would interfere with work or school.
As a culture I would say we have some work to do in educating, advocating & supporting
one another with grace & education, which is exactly what Save The Storks provides.